Note: Award applications will only be accepted starting two (2) months before the specific award deadline. Applications received prior to this will not be considered.
- Determine the awards you are eligible to apply for.
- To view the details of an award, click the magnifying glass on the left side of the award. Details include instructions on how to apply, eligibility, deadlines, and form to use.
- The awards catalog may be sorted by clicking the column heading at the top of each column. For example, to sort by Application Deadline, click on Application Deadline.
- “Region-wide” awards indicate awards that are available to students studying at any NLC campus.
- “Continuous” application deadline awards indicate awards that may be applied for at any time.
- Complete one application per award.
- For awards with financial need as a criterion, complete the budget form as accurately as possible. Application forms can be found on each award page by visiting Student Awards and Grants or our Forms page.
- Confirm your application forms are completed in full. Remember to include your student ID number, Social Insurance Number (SIN), and signature.
- Make sure to attach any essays, letters, and/or documentation required with each application.
- Submit your completed applications to the financial aid officer on your campus by the application deadline.
- Contact financial aid at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require assistance or have questions about the process or awards.
Simplifying the Application Process:
- You can print out one general application form and complete it (don’t write in the award Name: and amount of award)
- Photocopy the filled out form
- After photocopying, write in each award Name: and amount – keeping in mind to submit one application per award and ensuring you meet the criteria for each award
- Attach any essays, letters, and/or documentation required with each application.