Northern Lights College has an open admission policy for ESL students who are 17 years of age or older.
Students who wish to enter the University Transfer Programs must have an IELTS score of 6.0 overall with no band less than 5.5. Students applying to the Post-Degree Diploma programs must have an IELTS of 6.5 with no band less than 6.0.
There are limited seats for international students in the Trades programs, which have various admission requirements. Please email email@example.com to inquire.
Students who will study for more than six months must obtain a Study Permit from a Canadian Embassy or Consulate. Study Permit processing may require three months and cannot be done from inside Canada.
Students who will study for more than six months must obtain a Study Permit from a Canadian Embassy or Consulate. Depending on the country of origin, Study Permit processing may require 3-8 months and cannot be done from inside Canada. Please apply early!
Application and Payment Procedures
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form. Once you have completed your application, please send your application and scanned copies of your transcripts to email@example.com.
All applications must be accompanied by the application fee of $100 CAD. You may pay this fee through Western Union's Global Pay.
When we receive your application, application fee, and transcripts, your documents will be reviewed to determine eligibility. We will issue a Letter of Acceptance. You will take this to the Canadian authorities in your country to start the processing of the Study Permit.
You will receive an invoice outlining the costs of your education at Northern Lights College. In it, there will be a fee schedule that tells when payments are due.
- Students who are refused a study permit are eligible for a tuition refund, less a $300 processing fee.
- For Academic programs: As stated in your offer letter and official Letter of Acceptance, the first semester tuition, medical insurance fee, and student fee are non-refundable, non-transferable, non-deferrable. Any tuition paid beyond the first semester is refundable.
- For Trades programs: Full tuition paid before the start of the program is non-refundable, non-deferrable, non-transferable.
- Application Fee: No refund
- Homestay Finding Fee: No refund for more information.
- First month's homestay fee: No refund if cancellation occurs less than 30 calendar days prior to the beginning of the semester. 100% refund if cancellation occurs at least 30 calendar days before the start of the semester
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Northern Lights College offers opportunities for International Students to earn University Credits.
Our postal address:
Northern Lights College
International Education Department
Box 1000, Fort St. John, BC V1J 6K1