An official transcript is a copy of the student’s permanent academic record that is imprinted with the signature of the Registrar. Transcripts reflect all courses taken or transferred to Northern Lights College; partial transcripts will not be issued. Completed credentials will only appear on a transcript once a student's graduation has been conferred.
Please note: The College reserves the right to withhold official records for students in arrears or with outstanding books or tools.
Sealed transcripts are printed and enclosed in a Northern Lights College envelope. Each copy is sealed with a blue seal indicating that an official transcript is enclosed.
Ordering a Transcript
Official Transcripts must be requested by a student and are subject to a nominal fee. Students can make a request through any Campus Services office by any of the following methods:
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org - Note: Please ensure that your scanned transcript request form is signed.
- in person
- by fax: (250) 782-5233
- by mail to:
Office of the Registrar
Attention: Transcript Requests
Northern Lights College
11401 – 8th Street, Dawson Creek, BC V1G 4G2
Requests for transcripts must normally be made in writing and a separate request must be made for each destination a transcript is to be sent.
All student obligations relating to fees, library books, rentals or borrowed equipment or other materials must be met before official transcripts will be released.
Please provide the following information or complete the Request for Transcript form:
- Your student information
- your full legal Name: (including previous Name: if applicable)
- your date of birth
- your current address
- your NLC student ID number OR when you last attended Northern Lights College
- a telephone number at which we can reach you if there is a question regarding your request
- Transcript service required
Transcripts will be ready within five (5) business days of request and payment.
- Mailed Transcript for sealed copy(s) sent to a mailing address. Transcripts will be sent by Canada Post regular mail within five days of request and payment. Indicate the exact mailing address of where you want your transcript sent and the number of copies.
- Picked up Transcript for sealed copy(s) that you wish to pick up at NLC. Indicate which campus services office you will pick up the transcript at and the number of copies required. If a third party will pick up your transcript, provide their full Name: . Note the instructions for Picking up a Transcript below.
- A surcharge applies for mailed or picked up transcripts that must be sent sooner than within five business days. Transcripts ordered before 2:00 PM will be available for pick up or mailed after 11 AM the following business day. Mailed transcripts to a Canadian address will be sent via XpressPost service (included); all other destinations will be sent by regular mail. Payment does not include courier services; students who wish transcripts to be couriered must make their own arrangements.
- Special instructions
- Hold for grades if you want to wait for your grades to be recorded. Indicate the semester for which you are waiting for your grades (e.g., Fall 2015).
- Hold for graduation to send your transcript once the Office of the Registrar confirms your eligibility. You must have applied to graduate.
- Your signature
- This must be the signature of the student whose Name: is on the transcript. Student records are confidential and are not released without the written consent of the student, unless otherwise required by law. Your signature indicates that you are requesting your records and that information contained herein is accurate to the best of your knowledge. NLC considers a falsified transcript request as fraud.
- If the destination of your request is a Canadian post-secondary institution, a signature is not required (request can be completed by email).
- Your payment
- Requests will not be processed without pre-payment.
- Pay by credit card (Visa or MasterCard) in person or by calling 1-866-463-6652, OR
- Pay by cheque or money order made payable to NLC, OR
- Pay by cash or debit (in person only)
Picking up a Transcript
Transcripts will only be released upon presentation of government issued photo identification by the individual picking up the transcript. Identification must match the Name: on the transcript.
Individuals picking up transcripts on behalf of a student must provide government issued photo identification that matches the Name: provided on the Transcript Request. Under special circumstance, a signed letter of permission accompanying the third party may be acceptable.
Student have access to unofficial transcripts through the Web Advisor (Access NLC) online system.
To access your transcript online:
- Go to Web Advisor
- Log in
- Choose the Current Student icon
- Choose "Transcript" from the menu
- Choose "Official" from the menu (note is not an official transcript)
How to read your transcript
Your transcript is organized by term, and includes summary information including credentials awarded at the top.
Repeated courses are indicated by a title reading "same course as...".
If Transfer Credit is present, it will be shown at the end. For information about how a GPA is calculated, see the GPA Information page.